In other news today I wanted to add a not to my blog again about Randy Pausch. I wrote something about him just after my last round of treatment (April 24th), as he had made quite an impression across the world with his inspirational 'Last Lecture'.
Sadly Randy lost his fight with pancreatic cancer last Friday and he passed away.
ABC did another special on TV last night which we watched in tears. What a shame this world has to lose such a brilliant teacher, wonderful husband and father to his family and a truely inspiring person.
He reminded me of these truths:
1. Life is full of brick walls that we all hit from time to time. But the brick walls are there for a reason - they are not there to keep us out, they are there to show how much we want something, and they are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough.
2. We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand.
3. When you are screwing up and no-one is saying anything to you any more, that's a bad place to be. It means they gave up - your critics are the ones who are telling you they still love you and care.
4. Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
5. Are you a tigger or an eyeore? (I'm a Tigger!)
The coming months are going to be extremely hard for his family and friends, my heart goes out to them.