Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 30 July 2009

I am woman, hear me roar

I shouldn't have had to do this really, life should be simple enough that these things are taken care of and I wouldn't have to use up precious time complaining and dealing with the numpties of this world.

But that's not how things roll for me - they never are. I can always guarantee that if something can go wrong it will, and I spend half my time on the phone to some customer support person, or something similar.

I finally got through to a midwife today who actually cares.

I called up and explained my situation, that I was surprised to find that my consultant appointment was a full 8 weeks after my scan etc etc and so was she.

She even explained that the letter they had received had requested extra care for me, but clearly the 'receptionist' who books the appointments in clearly didn't pay attention.

So after explaining my situation to her, she righted the wrongs and I now have my 12 week scan in MY hospital - not some other place I've never been to - and on the same day too - which just goes to show they had slots available (so why didn't they book me in there then??)

I also have a consultant appointment 10 days after the scan, now it's not with the consultant I wanted - but I can live with that as the care is the most important thing, and not who I see.

So 'Thank You' Kathy - for righting the wrongs that have been done, and for sorting this out quickly and efficiently and for putting things back to the way they should have been in the first place.

Some people are brilliant - others should just be fired.

2 comments:

Drowned Girl said...

Glad you got it sorted.

x

Drowned Girl said...

Glad you got it sorted.

x