Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday 23 April 2010

Taking it in turns

Having twins is an interesting experience, for the first two months all they do is sleep, feed and need changing - I think this lulls you into a false sense of security and ease as I found myself thinking that this would be easy! I hear you laughing!

The nights were hard at first, getting up 2-3 times to feed them every three hours was tiring as you are up for about an hour each time and sleep seems like such a luxury, but you manage - I have an extremely supportive husband who is very hands on, he was up to make bottles and feed one of the girls with me every night, this is invaluable if you are a parent, let alone a twin parent!

They are now sleeping through though, we put them to bed around 9pm and they are waking up around 6.30 - 7am - this is wonderful, getting a good night's sleep is very much needed if you want to get through the day.

Now that they are 11 weeks old (almost 12!) they are now awake a lot more during the day. In the last week they have really started to take more notice of everything around them and want to see it all. This has resulted in me needing to 'entertain' them much more during the day which is bringing it's own set of challenges.

It seems they like to take it in turns when it comes to sleeping and crying, which means I don't get much time to do anything else! I'm not complaining here - just telling you how it is:)

Emily used to be our sleeper - but in the last week or so they have switched, now Faith sleeps and Emily wants attention! The smiles that I get though more than make up for the frustrations of them tag teaming the crying!

Emily has also found her hands this week, she sits in her bouncer and plays with her fingers - she's not yet really interested in the toys that I place on her lap, but she does like the play mat where she can lie underneath the brightly coloured toys and look at them.

No comments: