I've worked for many different tech companies from Microsoft to Amazon and a few smaller ones in between and have had my fair share of new roles and challenging jobs. This has given me a great career so far and I have found that I still enjoy the challenge of making numbers go up on the internet, as that's all it boils down to really.
Here are a few things that I think about all the time: (sad isn't it!)
- Page impressions (how many pages did the visitors look at)
- Driving higher traffic (making more people come to your website)
- Conversion rates (making that new visitor register or buy something)
- Search engine optimisation (making your website readable to Google and others)
- Email Marketing (the art of sending email without it looking like spam!)
- Making money (well I'm being honest and I need to pay for this IVF somehow!)
I'm also in the middle of designing a new site for the 'Company' we run. I'll post more when it's ready to see and not before!