Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday 28 March 2008

First Appointment at the clinic

My first appointment with the new clinic was today. All went well it is a lovely clinic and the staff seem really friendly and very helpful - much more so than Woking so I'm very pleased about that, I'm not surprised though as I've found in the past that American medical people are always super helpful!

So I had a baseline scan, some blood tests (progesterone and Estrogen levels), had a mock embryo transfer - basically so they can measure the depth of the uterus for the day of transfer. I met Dr M, and also a couple of the nurses and all was great.

I have ordered the drugs that I need and they will be delivered to me here at Pats on Tuesday which is when I will begin taking them - my next appointment is next Friday so until then there won't be much to report.

I'm glad I am finally off the birth control pills though as the side effects have been just awful - serious nausea most days, no sleep for 2 weeks (average of 4 hours a night) so I'll be happy to stop them!

I am missing Chris though - it's hard for us to be apart as we are so close, we talk on the phone 6 times a day! so the next 2 weeks will be torture. We have Skype though so we will talk daily but I wish he was here with me now. He gets here in 2 weeks time, so I will just have to be patient!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elly,

Just popped in to see how you were doing. I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you.

Lots of love Angie xx