Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday 25 April 2008

It's been a week

One week ago today I was in America having the embryos put back in - My official test day is May 1st which is next Thursday, so I'm still crossing everything for a positive result.

This waiting around is hard though - emotionally and mentally it's really very stressful not knowing if the efforts of the last 4 weeks are going to give you what you want. Part of me is positive about this as I always am, but there is also a part of my that is already thinking about when I can arrange to go back out to the US and start go number 2.

I've always been an optimist but I'm also a realist and I have to face fact that sometimes this IVF lark doesn't work. It's usually at this stage (one week in) that you start having these doubts - I know I'm not alone as I've seen many of my Fertility Friends go through the exact same thing, you are on a high the first week after transfer, then you just seem to doubt things for a bit.

So keep everything crossed for me and I promise I will stay positive and keep believing that this one has worked for us.

No comments: