Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday 12 April 2008

No injections today!

How pleased am I that I don't have to have any injections today, I'm starting to look like a heroin addict with bruises on both arms (from the daily blood tests) and bruises on my tummy from the stimming drugs, and now the bruise on my butt from the trigger shot which we did at exactly 2am! (I am so tired).

As promised here is a photo of the needle I had to use last night - the smaller one is the stimming needles and the bigger one (1.5 inches long), I was extremely nervous when it came to time, as was Chris as he had to do it for me - there was no way I could have done this one on my own - the needle is just too scary!



In order to get me through this I have had a few words of inspiration that keep me focused on what is important here. My friend Pat whom I'm staying with bought me this (you can click the image to see it bigger):



and I bought this for myself the other day:



I like to think of myself as someone who is determined, and someone who will not quit in the face of something difficult. I will get pregnant and I will have a baby.

We are going in for egg collection tomorrow morning, we have to be there for 12.30 so they can check me in and get all the consents signed etc, then I will be in theatre for the op at 2pm so I won't get to write in here until I get home which will be middle of the night UK time, but I will update as soon as I can with the number of eggs we get.

No comments: