Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 13 August 2009

Where is my maternity exemption card?

Yet another thing that I've had to chase, and getting no-where fast!

When I saw the midwife for the first time at 8 weeks, she had me fill in a form for a maternity exemption card. This gives me free prescriptions while I'm pregnant.

I'm currently on 2 different prescriptions that I have to collect every 15 days, and so far there has been no sign of this card!

According to other ladies that have had theirs, it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive. Mine was applied for a month ago!

So I called the community midwife number (the one that is always engaged and usually takes up to 4 attempts to get through to), and asked them for advice on what to do.

This is what they said: "You should wait until you see your midwife again (16 weeks, so 4 more weeks from now) and if you don't have it by then, ask her to apply for a new one".

So in the mean time, I'm left paying for my 2 prescriptions when I'm supposed to now get them for free.. Oh I can claim the money back if I want though - another hassle I could live without..

Thanks again NHS!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Oh how annoying. It took till about 20 weeks to get mine through last time as they sent me someone elses by mistake so I had to reapply.

The chemist said I could still tick the box to say I was covered by maternity exemption though and that it was my risk if I was lying so you should see if you can do that without showing the card before paying for them.

I am still covered by mine now as bubs is 8 months but they never ask to see it.

Vickie