Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 10 September 2009

Justice for Jayden and a Midwife update

I've been really busy with work stuff this week and as there isn't much to tell I have totally forgotten to update my blog! I did visit the Midwife yesterday though, even if it was pretty uneventful.

She tested my urine and found a trace amount of protein, so nothing to worry about there, my blood pressure was normal and we listened into the heartbeats (I didn't have the heart to tell her that I have one of those heartbeat doppler thingies, and we use it once a week!). So all in all everything is OK - I'm booked in to see her again in 2 weeks so she can check urine again etc as this will help us to see if there are any infections etc, which just helps put my mind at rest.

This week I also read a very sad story the headline reads "Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby".

It seems this lady gave birth to a little boy at 21 weeks and 5 days - this is just 2 days after we gave birth to our son Matthew, so it hit home for me.

The baby was born alive and breathing, but because he was 'under the age for help' as determined by the national guidelines the doctors REFUSED to put him into the special care unit. He survived for just 2 hours due to lack of medical care.

I was shocked, saddened and angry at this story. How could a medical doctor refuse to help a dying child? In my eyes it doesn't matter if he's not 22 or even 24 weeks old, he was alive when he was born and breathing - so why did they not save him?

The mother has set up a petition with the Government to try and reduce the time limit on this national guideline - this I agree with - If we have been a few days or even a few weeks on with Matthew, they might have saved him too.

You can view Jaydens website here if you want to read more about his story. But I'd really like you to sign this petition now!.

Thank you!

No comments: