Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 12 October 2009

21 weeks pregnant!

Yaaaay we made it to 21 weeks pregnant - each week that passes now is like a milestone for us and we are so thrilled to be here.

According to the various internet sources out there our babies now weigh about 360g. Well we know from the measurements last week that one was 352 and the other is 393 so they have probably gained a little more weight since then as they are now growing really fast and adding fat every day.

Up until now they has been measured from crown to rump but from this point on the measurement will be from crown to heel – and this week they are about 26cm long.

Their eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed, and they can now blink.

They can also now hear my conversations. They say if we talk, read, or sing to our babies, expect them to hear us!. Apparently some studies have found that newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in the uterus (womb). One site says "If you want to try, pick a book now and read it out loud. Make sure you won't mind reading it over and over once your baby is here. It may be your baby's favourite bedtime story for a long time after birth." - I guess we will have to try that - Chris's favourite book is Wibbly Pig :)

Some sites also say "You're probably feeling quite comfortable these days. This, in fact, may be the most enjoyable time in your pregnancy. You're not too big yet, and the usual aches and pains associated with pregnancy like nausea, frequent urination, and fatigue are for the most part gone. Relax and enjoy it while you can". Well I say they are having a laugh! I'm still getting up to pee 3 or 4 times a night, I'm sitting here now fighting a bit of nausea (which seems to have been happening a bit every morning for the last week or two) and most of the time I'm just uncomfortable!

They say "The third trimester is just around the corner and with it comes mild discomfort from carrying a baby that is nearly full-term". Well with twins it looks like I'm near full term already and is beginning to feel like it too!

I'm suffering with back ache and pains in my coccyx area that I suspect are Pelvic Girdle Pain - I'm hoping the docs sort the physio out quickly so I can get this under control!

No comments: