Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 19 October 2009

22 weeks pregnant today

I always do my updates for the week on a Monday as it's the day that we move into the next pregnancy week, but today's update is filled with such mixed emotions.

A very good friend of mine who is also pregnant with a singleton (1 week ahead of me) was admitted to hospital last Friday after her waters broke at 22+4. She is hanging in there and so far the baby is still doing OK, but she is going through what we went through almost 3 years ago with Matthew.

Premature Rupture of the Membrane is a terrible thing. It comes suddenly and there is often no reason why. It is devastating, heartbreaking and truly one of the most difficult times a couple can face.

It breaks my heart to see this, I know the pain, the emotion and the roller-coaster ride of ups and downs that her and her husband are now going through, and I wouldn't wish this on an enemy, let alone a very close friend.

So for today I'm not going to do the update, I'll save that for later in the week.

Today I just want to wish her and her husband all the best and hope that they can come through this difficult time together.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

No comments: