Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday 16 October 2009

MRSA, big kicks last night and twins night tonight!

Wow, a lot has happened in the last 24 hours so I should give you an update.

About 5.50pm last night I had a call from my Midwife - to tell me that the swab they took at the 20 week scan for MRSA came back positive :(

I don't think this is anything to be worried about - I'm not sick, or have any infections, but it seems I am 'colonised' which basically means I have it present on my skin. (As do about 30% of the population).

I have been given some antibacterial soap to help get rid of it and it won't harm me or the babies, but I'm also waiting to hear back from my consultant today to ask a few questions.

MRSA can cause harm when it gets an opportunity to enter the body, for example through a cut or wound. It can cause pimples and boils, or more serious problems such as wound infections and chest infections. In more serious cases it can cause bloodstream infections.

So nothing to worry about at this stage, but I'll post more if I find out anything!

Also last night we were sat watching TV and the girls were kicking like crazy! It felt like they were having a fight in there, Chris put his hand on my tummy and was able to feel several large kicks which was fantastic for him!

And tonight we have part 2 of the twins class - I hope my bum doesn't go as numb as it did last week!

And finally - all my love to Tracy, and a BIG Happy 1st Birthday to Noah - I can't believe he is One today! where has the year gone?

1 comment:

Laurence Whiers said...

Well done Ace 21 weeks WOW !!!
My main concern is however about Chris s choice of Wibly Pig
As suitable reading material surely he should have stopped reading that by now and advanced to Burgular Bill and The Baby at least
Well done both

Dad xxx