Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday 24 October 2009

Glad this week is almost over

What a horrible week it has been here, Chris has had the week off and his parents were down to decorate the nursery for the twins, so it was supposed to be a happy time, but it has been upset with so much sadness, we will be glad it's over.

As you know a friend of mine was admitted to hospital last Friday after her waters broke at 22+4. She had an absolutely horrendous few days that followed, which pretty much mirrored what we went through with Matthew.

Sadly on Thursday 22nd October at 1.02am her little girl Florence was born sleeping. She was a perfect little girl and was 1 lb 3 ounces.

It's hard to know what to say when something so awful happens to a very dear friend, and it's hard to believe that in this day and age that no one can do anything to help.

To Florence, you will always be remembered by your Mummy, Daddy, brother Noah and their friends and family. You will be desperately missed.

I hope that she has found Matthew, and wherever they are, that they are now playing happily together and looking after each other with all the other Angels.

I often see poems that parents write or post to a place on a forum I regularly read, and I really love this one.

To me it embodies everything I think our little ones would say to all the mummy's of Angels:

An Angel never dies

Don’t let them say I wasn’t born, that something stopped my heart.
I felt each tender squeeze you gave, I loved you from the start.
Although my body you can’t hold, it doesn’t mean I’m gone.
This world was worthy not of me, God chose that I move on.

I know the pain that drowns your soul, what you are forced to face.
You have my word, I’ll fill your arms, someday we will embrace.
You’ll hear that it was “meant to be, God doesn’t make mistakes”
But that won’t soften your worst blow, or make your heart not ache.

I’m watching over all you do, another child you’ll bear.
Believe me when I say to you, that I am always there.
There will come a time, I promise you, when you will hold my hand.
You will stroke my face and kiss my lips and then you’ll understand.

Although I never breathed your air, or gazed into your eyes.
That doesn’t mean I never “was”
An Angel Never Dies.

Also in sad news Rasher was put to sleep yesterday at 4.30pm. I will write a little something for him tomorrow.

No comments: