Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 31 December 2009

Scan and Consultant appointment today

Just got back from the hospital and I'm pleased to say that the babies are putting on weight nicely and are little porkies!

Lefty is head down and weighs in 4lb and 5 ounces, and righty is now head up (she keeps changing!) and is 4lb and 1 ounce.

I did the usual round of urine tests and today they discovered that I have raised levels of protein, I also reported to the consultant that I have swollen hands and feet (I have cankles - such a sexy look!) and have also had a flashing light thing in front of my eyes and slightly high blood pressure.

All this can add up to pre-eclampsia which at my stage of pregnancy with twins is common.

They have taken another urine sample and bloods to do overnight and I'll get the results tomorrow and I will be going back into the day assessment unit on Monday for monitoring and also back to see the consultant next Thursday.

For now we don't know if this is definitely pre-eclampsia - but we will know more after they have the results so I will post when we know more.

So that's it for 2009! I hope you all have a wonderful evening tonight (I will be sat on the sofa watching a movie and not drinking, and probably be asleep by 10.30pm as usual - Chris will have to wake me at midnight! lol).

I hope that 2010 brings you all the things you truly desire, and much happiness. For us we are thrilled it will be the year we finally become parents - it took 8 years, 9 rounds of IVF and 5 pregnancies to get here - but we are now getting there.

Roll on 2010!!

No comments: