Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 11 January 2010

34 weeks pregnant and getting bigger by the day!

We are almost there! So so close now - in fact it's just 30 days to the planned c-section date as of today!

We took a new bump picture last night as we haven't really done one since the nudies at 28 weeks, and I also compared my bulging belly to when I was 12 weeks and I look really skinny then compared to now! Check it out:

Me at 12 weeks pregnant:



Me at 34 weeks pregnant:



At 34 weeks the babies are continuing to grow and fill out. In fact, that is their primary job now from 34 weeks and beyond. Not much changes from now on except they are adding valuable meat to their bones! (making me larger still!)

According to one resource their central nervous systems are still maturing and their lungs are continuing to mature as well. They said "if you've been nervous about preterm labor, (which we have since day 1!!) that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies". (You have no idea how happy this makes us now!).

I'm due for an appointment with the Midwife this week, I need to get another shot of anti-d as I'm Rhesus Negative blood group - however as usual no-one in the medical field remembered this last week so I'm chasing them to ensure they will have the medication at my doctors surgery - it's usually given at the hospital.

Another thing I'm chasing is my Health in Pregnancy grant - I sent the form off on the 11th November and upon calling them today it seems due to an error they have stopped processing my form, they mentioned something about not being able to get the due date from it - which I can read perfectly well... (I have a scanned copy!) Any excuse - but it seems it could take another 4 weeks to process - so much for health in pregnancy - It will be Health in Post Pregnancy at this rate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! You look great! I'm so happy for you. I was researching Dr. McKeevy and ran across your story, started to read your blog, and couldn't stop! I'm at work probably on the verge of being fired so I thought I'd at least send you a good luck I'm so happy for you message! But I have two questions: Did you gain weight as a result of taking the Lupron (that's what I'm afraid of) and what do you think was different this time? Why do you think it was successful this time in comparison to the other times? P.S. My issue is that I do not have a left tube (as a result of a tubal pregnancy) and have a blocked right tube..so IVF is my only option.