Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 3 March 2011

Time flies

Another month has passed and I rarely get time to sit at my computer. I have an iPod touch and a Blackberry phone so I use those most of the time to read my email, keep up with friends on facebook and twitter, but to actually sit down at my computer is nothing short of a luxury.

When I do - I have to sort out bills, emails and other things that are supposed to be more important. We don't watch TV much either!

Once the kids are in bed, I usually have so much to do and only 2 hours to do it. I'm learning sugarcraft so that I can start a new business - I'm trying to find clients so I can start work doing my old 'job' which is online marketing and I'm finding it all a bit of a blur!

The girls are doing so well though. Faith is still not walking on her own, but she loves using her walker - Emily refuses to use the walker but has been spotted pushing other large toys around, so she can do it, just chooses not to.

We've had nasty colds and coughs for the last two weeks, and let me be the first to say it was nothing short of miserable. When they are sick, there isn't much you can do except comfort them and be there when needed, calpol helps - but it doesn't stop their snotty little noses from oozing all over the sofa and any other clean material they can find, and it doesn't help them breathe at night, so they wake often and need 'propping up'.

Daddy is a wonderful help at nights, he's always the first to say "I'll take her downstairs" and he does. Mostly because he can sleep anywhere, and once the little one is settled propped up on his chest, he just dozes off, whereas I end up with no sleep at all.

But the last two nights have been good. Neither child has been in bed with us, Emily slept entirely through both nights! so I'm hoping this is the end of this round of nasty colds and we can finally all get some sleep!

No comments: