Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Terrified

I'm not loving today at all. In fact other than the loss of my son in January this is the worst day of the year, I feel sick with worry and there is nothing I can do to stop this.

I've done a little research on the net and I'm still fearful that we are going to suffer with another ectopic pregnancy, I really want to be positive about this but I'm also being realistic.

From what I can gather - you should be able to see a gestational sac from about 4-4.5 weeks - this is the black blob that you see in the pic I stole from the net below:



It seems that most pregnancies will show this sac early on - then from about 6 weeks on you should begin to see the blip that is the baby with the heartbeat. We saw Matthews at 6 weeks and 4 days.

The other worrying thing is the HCG levels. People keep saying that they look great cos they are over 10,000 - this means nothing! My last ectopic showed similar levels that were rising (an ectopic isn't supposed to rise!)

Also I've learned that levels over about 3000 again should show a sac.

SO WHERE IS IT?????

I'm glad we have another scan tomorrow, and I'm praying with everything I have that they just missed it, but I fear the worst and hope for the best.

I will update again tomorrow afternoon after we get back from the scan which is at 2pm. Wish me luck....

For those of you that might want to read up more on early pregnancy - check out this site:

http://radiology.creighton.edu

No comments: