Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday 13 December 2007

Another quiet week

Not much to report as usual as we've done nothing but work! so I'm going to rant about the news that I saw this morning about how chemists will be giving the pill to under 16's!

I can't believe that they are even considering this! I'm not against under 16's having the pill as I believe it's better to be safe in terms of not getting pregnant that young, but I don't think it's a good idea to give them out without a doctor!

I've taken the pill myself, for many years when I was younger and NOT trying to get pregnant! and I've also had many friends who have taken the pill too. I'm one of the lucky ones who got given a pill that worked OK for me with no side effects, but this isn't true of some of my friends.

There are so many different brands of pill out there, all giving nasty side effects, if you give the wrong one to a 12 year old girl and she gets the side effects - how many of these girls will say nothing cos they don't want their parents to find out?

I also agree with the comments in the news today about how it will lead to an increase in STD's - like we don't have enough of that to worry about already. If they are going to be giving out the pill - they should be responsible and give out condoms with it!

No comments: