Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday 26 January 2008

So far so good!

I'm on Day 26 of my cycle and it's been 5 days since we put the embryos back in - I feel pretty normal other that the odd period pain type cramping - I'm not worried about this though as I've had this so far on every IVF cycle during the 2 week wait - the only difference this time is NO DRUGS! and I always blamed it on the drugs, so I hope this is a good sign.

I am taking some drugs though - I have a HUGE surplus of progesterone pills, and even though I shouldn't need to take them - they can help boost the natural progesterone which can help with pregnancy in the early stages, so I decided to take 1 a day - I would normally take 2 a day on a normal IVF cycle. I know it can't hurt/only help so no harm done - it's like taking a vitamin pills to boost your vitamin intake!

In other news I want to highlight an issue that I've known about for a little while, but still want to push anyway.

I'm a cat lover. Well in fact I'm an animal lover but cats are my favourite pet. We have three at home (at one point we had 6!). I've never used this product thankfully but I want you to STOP using it too if you have a pet and feed it IAMS.

WHY??? Well despite their 'oooh our pet food is the best for your animal' marketing bullshit, they are actually GUILTY of cruelty to animals to test their products.

For nearly 10 months in 2002 and early 2003, a PETA investigator went undercover at an Iams contract testing laboratory and discovered a dark and sordid secret beneath the wholesome image of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer: dogs gone crazy from intense confinement to barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs left piled on a filthy paint-chipped floor after having chunks of muscle hacked from their thighs; dogs surgically debarked; horribly sick dogs and cats languishing in their cages, neglected and left to suffer with no veterinary care.

If you want to know more - go here:

Iams Cruelty

No comments: