Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 11 August 2008

I'm almost ready to go

I had another scan today and bloodtest - my estrogen is now at 1314 so they are ready to go, I have to wait for the next call from the Rockville office as they will give me my trigger time which will be tonight and I will be in for Egg Collection on Wednesday.

My Follicles today are:

Right: 17mm, 18mm, 18mm, 20mm
Left: 20mm, 20mm, 21mm, 21mm

They counted 12 follicles on the left and 10 on the right so there are 22 potential follicles to get eggs from. I'm expecting to get maybe 10-12 eggs any more than this will be a bonus.

We are getting nervous now, you always do at this stage as the money has been spent and it all comes down to a few days where you get the eggs, go through fertilisation and wait for them to divide before they put the embryos back - it's probably the most nerve wracking few days that anyone can experience.

We've already paid for the drugs and flights so there is no going back now - if it went wrong - we are back at square one. That kind of pressure is immense, it clouds everything for the few days that you sit and wait for the daily update calls, it leaves you feeling excited but also scared, with bumps of relief as each call comes and you get good news.

Some people don't get good news, I have friends who have been through all of this and had egg collection only to find that none of their eggs fertilized. IVF can be a devastating process.

I am very pleased so far with the way things are going, and have every reason to be positive and outgoing with regards to our results, so hang in there with me and lets get back on the rollercoaster.

No comments: