Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 19 January 2009

Last week before America!

Why is it that you can be quiet with work for a few weeks, then when you want it to stay quiet as you have to go away, things suddenly get busy?

Last week was quite manic with a few very late nights - but it got done and all was well, this week I was supposed to have 3 quiet days where I could get everything ready, see my friends before I go and then 1 day with Chris before getting on the plane on Friday.

All that has now gone out the window after a meeting last week, which has resulted in a full day of work writing a specification document, plus a mini photo shoot which has cropped up too. I can't turn it down as the money is needed as I'm going to be away for 3 weeks - which is hard when you are self employed as you don't get paid holiday time!

I'm not complaining - just merely wondering why these things crop up when you don't want them to! and when you are sitting around twiddling your thumbs (or hanging out on facebook) and you want to do some work - there is a deathly silence!

Still it's the next injection tomorrow - number 3 - then one more on Friday before I go. Once I get to the US I'm going to have to ask my friend Pat to do them for me as I'm not able to do these one's myself - given that they are 1 & 1/2 inch needles and they need to go into my butt cheek! Can't be done without help....

Ahh well, back to work for me - who needs sleep anyway?

No comments: