Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Day eight of the 2 week wait

Another day is done, and we are one more day closer to the final result - are you excited yet?? I'm feeling remarkably calm this time, no fear (yet) and quietly hopeful.

I was reminded on TV again today about Randy Pausch - I've mentioned him a few times before, but for some reason he was mentioned on Oprah and I was reminded that life is for living and we can't always control our destiny - but we do have the power to change our lives if we so wish.

I will remind myself (and you dear reader) again of the biggest lessons he taught me.

1. Life is full of brick walls that we all hit from time to time. But the brick walls are there for a reason - they are not there to keep us out, they are there to show how much we want something, and they are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough.

I do not let those brick walls stop me. I want it badly and I WILL smash them down.

2. We cannot change the cards we are dealt - just how we play the hand.

Then I shall learn to play well.

3. When you are screwing up and no-one is saying anything to you any more, that's a bad place to be. It means they gave up - your critics are the ones who are telling you they still love you and care.

This is so true, accept the fact that when people are honest with you - it's a good thing, because if they don't tell you what they think - they might well have given up.

4. Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Also true - I have lived through some tough times in my adult life, from an adulterous, lying, lazy first husband who made me cry most days, to the loss of 5 babies.

I don't regret my decisions (like the decision to marry a loser when I was 18) I simply learn by them and remember not to do that again, not to allow myself to be pushed around and degraded. I gained a valuable life experience and 'I choose' to move on from that and use it to make me a stronger woman.

I'm now married to an amazing man who loves me for who I am, who makes me laugh every single day, who loves me unconditionally and works hard to ensure I have all I need. I love him back the same way for he is my soulmate.

Life is for living, Life is what 'you' make it, don't try to find yourself - create yourself.

I am a Tigger, I will never be an Eeyore.

No comments: