Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday 13 March 2009

It's Friday!

Wow has it really been a week since I posted last! I never noticed as this week has flown by. Probably because I've been busy with work stuff and I just never thought about it.

Well there isn't much to report anyway, we had our Sky HD box replaced the other day as the old one which is actually new! (2 months) had some kind of hard drive failure where it wasn't playing back the programs properly, instead we got high definition skip and jump TV.

I'm quite annoyed with Sky about this as they have not been very good with regards to service, I have to write to them I think

1. I ordered the Sky HD box in October - it wasn't installed until January 18th.
2. After 2 months (3 weeks of which it was hardly used when I was away), it starts screwing up the recordings.
3. They send a gimp round to fix it, he takes a 5 second look at one of the shows that is skipping and tells me the hard drive is buggered.
4. He proceeds to put in a new box (while I complain loudly about losing 3 weeks worth of shows).
5. New box won't even switch on. Turns out it's not actually a NEW box but a reconditioned one, which annoyed me because we had just paid out for a NEW one!
6. Gimp gets another one from the van, this time a brand new one, installs and leaves.

Now Sky are advertising the HD box for £49 and free installation! We had to pay £60 for that.

So I think it's time for a letter to Sky, not that they will read it.

No comments: