Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 25 May 2009

First Scan Today

I'm writing this early as we have a busy day ahead of us today as it is Memorial Day here in the USA. It's lovely to see how the American's are so Proud of their heritage and their soldiers, and how they are all flying the American flag. They are a very patriotic nation - which is more than I can say for the British these days, who don't even really celebrate our St Georges day with flags! Shame on us.



I went to the clinic this morning and had my first scan since I started taking the stimming drugs, and was really surprised!

I have 9 follicles on the right side and 10 on the left already. All are under 10mm at the moment so they don't measure them until they are above this, but it's early days. I'm pleased to see we have so many - this could mean a bumper crop of eggs this time.

Sadly this won't have any impact on whether we will have great fertilisation rates, or whether they will actually stick (which is the bit that keeps letting me down), but it does mean we will hopefully get lots of eggs, and can look forward to perhaps freezing a few this time.

To be honest after the extra cost witht he drugs and the extra stimming, I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if we don't get some to freeze!

Wea re off in a short while to a Memorial day party, the weather outside is very hot today so it should be a lovely day.

I hope everyone at home is having a lovely Bank Holiday day off!

No comments: