Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday 13 June 2009

A great day today

We have had a lovely day out today, it started out with breakfast at Denny's which has always been my favourite place to get a cheap breakfast that fills you right up!

We then went to Manassas as Chris is a big Civil War buff, so we went to look at the battlefield and some of the history stuff. Apart from the fact it was really really hot out - it was quite interesting!




We had lunch then went to the Smithsonian - this is a HUGE museum complex that is split into different types of museum - today we only had time to visit one so we went to the Air and Space Museum which was also quite interesting.

I think my two favourite things in there were the Enterprise Space Shuttle (no not the Star Trek space ship!) as pictured here:



and the Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird Stealth plane - which was MASSIVE!!!



On the way home we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, which was lovely but I was annoyed that they seem to have shrunk the size of their meals and put their prices up while skimping on the food (they used to put bacon and chives on their baked potato and they no longer have thousand island dressing - which Chris ran over the road to get for me - bless him!). Their salad was half the size it used to be, and the prime rib steak I ate was mostly fat and the skinniest prime rib I've EVER seen! I don't think we'll go back there again.

All in all though, it was a great day!

No comments: