Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 20 July 2009

9 weeks today and so far so good!

Last week was a good week, apart from the terrifying scare we had on Monday night, the rest of the week settled down to hardly any bleeding and thankfully it has stayed that way. I hope I'm not speaking too soon like I did last week as I don't want to jinx this good streak! But I'm very pleased that all seems to be OK.

It's hard to know what to write sometimes as there isn't really any news in between scans and tests, but this week I've been feeling some stretching and I get a weird pain sometimes on the left side right about where my ovary would be.

I have no idea what this is, but my instinct says it has something to do with my uterus growing and the scars that I will have internally from the fallopian tube removal, plus my ovaries might also be a little swollen still (they were at one of the scans a few weeks ago).

It can get a little painful, like the other night when we went to Tesco and the only way I could walk was to hunch over the trolley in a weird bent over fashion, I'm sure people thought I was a little crazy, but it stopped the pain!

In other news, if you want a good giggle I have to tell you what my hubby did tonight - it was one of those dumbass moments that makes you wonder how a very intelligent man actually gets by in life.

When he got home from work, instead of me cooking tonight he took me out for dinner. We went up the the De-Havilland, a very nice little pub just up the road. I put in my usual order which is steak and fries, with salad and onion rings and he wanted the ribs as we don't see this on many menus. So off he goes to the bar and returns a few minutes later with our drinks.

We sat and talked and waited for our food to arrive, which it did within about 15 minutes, the steak came out first, with the onion rings and I asked for my usual mayo on the side which the waitress kindly brought loads of!

So I tucked in to mine expecting his to be out any second, I ate, and ate and we waited and waited and five minutes later I saw the waiter back behind the bar which made me think... "are they going to bring yours?" I asked Chris.

"Yes, they should be" he replies.

"It's been a while now honey, do you think they have forgotten?" I questioned.

"I don't know" he says.

"How much did it cost?" I asked

"£16 something" was his reply - at this point the penny dropped. My steak was £9.79 plus onion rings and 2 drinks...... Do the maths....

"You forgot to order yours didn't you?" I questioned.....

"Urmmm".......

So he ate some of my fries and onion rings and watched me eat the rest, and came home to some home made soup that fortunately I had made at lunchtime today!

And I thought I was the one who was supposed get baby brain :)

No comments: