Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 13 July 2009

It's been a good day today

Thankfully I've been feeling much better today, my cold seems to have reduced itself to blocked sinuses and the odd sniffle, my back isn't hurting as much when I move around and I no longer feel like I've been hit by a truck!

Not much to report other than today is the first day in a few weeks that I haven't really had any spotting, just one tiny little bit that hardly counts at all! Long may this continue.

We are officially 8 weeks pregnant today, this means our babies are now officially a foetus!

The tiny tail is disappearing and so many changes have taken place this week (no wonder I've felt so much cramping!) According to the babycenter website, This is the critical stage when our baby's organs are forming.

The babies are now constantly moving and shifting, the arms have grown and the hands are now flexed at the wrists and meet over the heart. The legs are lengthening and the feet may be long enough to meet in front of the body. All organs, muscles, and nerves are beginning to function. The hands now bend at the wrist, and the feet begin to lose their webbed appearance. Eyelids are beginning to cover the eyes.

It's still impossible to tell whether we're going to have a boy or a girl - we probably won't know that until the 20 week scan!

Isn't it exciting!

No comments: