Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday 7 July 2009

A weekend of ups and downs

Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary! so we planned to go away to a fantastic hotel in Torquay where we would pamper ourselves and have a wonderful weekend away (which we did - more later!).

However on Friday evening at around 5.20pm (typical as everyone closes for the weekend) I went to the loo and was horrified to see red blood. To say I was terrified was an understatement as I've had this before when I was pregnant with Matthew and it's damn scary.

Bleeding can be nothing, bleeding can mean you are having a miscarriage and I didn't know which, so I called the doctor who arranged for a scan for us on Monday morning.

There goes our two nights away as we had booked Saturday and Sunday night - so I called the hotel, cancelled Sunday night and tried not to let myself worry all weekend as there was nothing I could do anyway.

We had the scan yesterday and all is well. The babies are now measuring at 6.5mm each with 2 lovely heartbeats. They were just 4mm on Thursday so a bit of a growth spurt over the weekend!

As for the weekend, we had a wonderful time away - the Hotel was amazing, we stayed at the Osborne Hotel and booked the Suite - which had a balcony and wonderful views over the ocean. The evening meal was lovely on the terrace outside and the weather was perfect.

We also visited lots of little sea-side towns on the way home on Sunday and ended up in Lyme Regis - a place I used to go as a child - it has changed a bit since then but it was lovely to go back and walk along the beach.

All in all it was a great weekend away - I've stopped bleeding now which is a HUGE relief and had a wonderful time with my very loving husband.

I can't believe we have been married for 11 years (together for 13 as we got married on the anniversary of the day we got together!) but they have been the most amazing years of my adult life. Every day we both show in some small way how much we are in love still - we don't fight or argue (ever!!) and he is just a wonderful man. He is going to make an amazing father too. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

incredible. When i met you and Chris, you were maried ONE year. Time really does fly doesn't it.