Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 17 August 2009

13 weeks today and into the 2nd trimester!

Another little milestone reached today, the 2nd trimester! It feels like it's taken forever to get here but we are pleased that we made it this far.

The babies are now about 3 inches long and will weigh almost an ounce each! (I wondered where all that extra weight was coming from! lol). They now have unique fingerprints and their intestines are inside their body (apparently they were outside before!).

All the sites I've read say I won't feel them yet, but I have felt a few movements already, I'm sure this is because there are two in there and one pushes the other to the outside. They also say that If I rub my bump they should be able to sense and respond to this with a jerky reflexive movement!

They are also swallowing and sucking and now gaining weight and are 5 times heaver than they were 3 weeks ago!

Their eyes started out on the side of the baby's head but they are now moving closer together on their face. Their ears come to lie in their normal position on the sides of the head this week and their vocal chords are forming!

One site says I should be feeling stretching pain, or ligament pain as they also call it - well yes I am! I've been getting this for several weeks now - particularly if I'm out and about for more than a few hours and doing a lot of walking. A few weeks ago in Tesco's I had to walk bent over the trolley as it was the only way to stop it from hurting! But now I just find somewhere to sit down for a few minutes to let it pass.

No comments: