Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 24 August 2009

14 weeks pregnant today!

Another little milestone reached today as we are now 14 weeks pregnant. The bump is ever growing and I'm starting to feel little movements more often!

I'm also still bleeding most days with brown (old) blood, but I'm just putting that out of my mind and doing my best to get through each day with my mind intact!

Crown to rump, the babies are about 8cm long each and weigh 43g. Their bodies are now growing faster than their heads. (I'm glad about that!) Their arms are now in proportion to their bodies, but their legs are still a little short in comparison.

This week, their parchment-thin skin is starting to cover itself with ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth and although their eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of their heads is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth. We are expecting them to be blonde though as both mum and dad are! (well dad was once!)

They can now grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. And they may even be able to suck their thumbs.

Meconium, that icky tar-like, first baby poop, is now loading up their intestines (nice!) and they continue to gain new and impressive skills such as practising and controlling voluntary muscle movements. Their movements are no longer the jerky, uncontrollable twitches, instead they now move with graceful control (unlike their mum who is getting more whale like!).

I love to read the development each week of their development, other than the huge bump I have it helps make it feel more real and it reminds me that we have passed another little milestone.

I got this image from babycentre.co.uk!



Roll on 15 weeks!

1 comment:

pat moore said...

we are thrilled to know things are doing well with the TWINS...thanks for keeping your blog up-dated...makes me happy when i can check in and find out all is right with your world...
keep up the good work mr and mrs russell...