Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday 4 January 2010

33 weeks pregnant and counting

Another week, another mini milestone and now only 5 weeks and 2 days to the booked in c-section date! The nursery is done, the hospital bags are packed we are good to go!

According to my sources (the web!!) The babies can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course that ability will miraculously disappear once they are born and up all night screaming!!). Their pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light.

Apparently, if I shine a flashlight on my belly, they may shy away from the light as if to say, "Cut it out, Mum. You're soooo annoying."

The bones in their skulls are soft and are not yet fused together. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making their trip down the birth canal possible (they say "and resulting in that surprising cone head look your baby will sport for the first few days post-birth. Don't worry, it's totally normal and that's what hats are for".) Awwwww poor babies!

Well I suppose this would be true if I were having a natural delivery - but we don't have to worry about that - all I have to think about is having the epidural and getting yet another tummy scar post birth! I can live with that...

They will continue to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week from here on out - OK so let's work this out - if twin 2 is now 4lb 1 ounce and she puts on ½ pound a week for the next 5 weeks that means she will be a 7lb baby when she is born! and she is the lighter of the 2.....

Perhaps this is true for singletons, but I know that twins growth slows a little in the last few weeks, so we will just have to wait and see - while I don't mind having porkie babies - I have to carry them to birth - and the idea of carrying 14-15lb of baby doesn't fill me with glee!!!

No comments: