Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday 16 January 2010

Checked out the maternity ward today

Chris took me out for a lovely lunch this afternoon, which happened to be in a place right near the hospital - so we decided to drop in and check out the maternity ward as they do tours on the weekend at 4pm.

Although I've spent time on Maternity ward when I was pregnant with Matthew, I only really got to see one of the bays - and we were keen to see the side room this time as we should get to use one of these as we have twins! Everyone else has to pay £100 a night :)

It all seems really nice there and we are looking forward now to having the babies and getting some quiet time in one of those rooms.

Just so everyone knows, they also gave us an info sheet on visiting times and rules for maternity, so if you want to come and see us after the babies are born here are the details.

First 24 hours - I'll be in the post op bay - no visitors at all as this is for mums to recover from c-sections - we also want this first 24 hours to ourselves anyway :) We'll be updating on Facebook with pics and news though so you will get to see them virtually!

Once I'm in the side room the following day, visitors can come from 3pm - 5pm and 7pm - 8pm only. They do not allow any children under the age of 10 (to reduce possible infection rates) so if you are planning to visit us in hospital, you will have to leave your little ones at home.

Please let me know in advance you are coming (I will have my phone so please text me) this is because they also have a max 2-3 visitors at any one time rule and as many of the people I know will have to travel, I wouldn't want to have the midwives turn people away.

Also don't bring flowers to the hospital - they don't allow this any more.

We are hoping that we will only be in hospital for 3-4 days max - assuming all goes well, so if you can wait until we get home, you will get more time to visit :) which means you will get more cuddle time - oh and we don't charge for parking!!!

No comments: