Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday 31 March 2010

First long drive in the car

Call it a test run for this weekend when we are driving the 250 mile trip to Hull!

I went to visit a friend in Somerset on Friday, it usually takes me an hour and a half to get there, but with the kids in the back it took a little longer this time, plus I got stuck behind the 3 lorries that are 'always there' on the road from Frome to Shepton Mallet!

They are very well behaved in the car, mostly because it seems to send them to sleep right away and there they stay until I unleash them from the straps a few hours later (where Emily always stretches for all she is worth!).

I took them into town yesterday afternoon for an hour or so, this was at 2.30pm, at 6pm Emily was still sleeping happily in her car seat while Faith was grumpy in her cot.

So car seats are a winner, I hope this proves to be the case for the drive to Hull, we are expecting it to take 3-6 hours on a Good Friday, including multiple stops at the services no doubt!

No comments: